In the world of bathroom design (and furniture in general) do you often hear terms used without really knowing what they mean, despite understanding that they add value to the product in question? Such terms come and go in design magazines, just as fashions come and go on the catwalk.
One of the terms trending right now is Deimos.
It’s not just a word with a pleasant ring to it, it refers to an interesting surface material just waiting to be discovered.
If you work in the trade, you probably know all this already, but if you are from any other background, you’ll find the answer here to many queries that you may have after reading articles on design.
What is Deimos?
So let’s start with the main question and we’ll try to explain the beauty of this material. We think it will be easier to understand if you try touching it for yourself. You can do that at any of our dealers or at the Mastella showroom!
It is a type of Solid Surface (already covered in our article Ceramics, Engineered stone or Solid Surface?) made from a natural mineral, acrylic resin and polyester. What makes it so special? Mostly because its colour continues through the entire thickness!
Having both surface and interior layers of the product in the same shade is a considerable advantage and Deimos delivers that advantage in both white and other shades. This is proof of the high quality of the material, meaning scratches or small cuts can be fully repaired.
At a time when colour is flooding into our homes, Deimos is a great choice for staying on-trend, while also prioritizing durability over time. The new Mastella Smart.46 collection gives you a choice of different colour washbasins, like the elegant Deimos Lava or Fango finishes.
Benefits of Deimos
Choosing it for your bathroom decor therefore brings important benefits. Let’s take a look at them.
- Pleasant to touch. The surface feels natural, smooth like stone, yet warm to the touch.
- Durable over time. Deimos is very popular in interior design because it is durable, so stains, scratches and mould are no longer a problem.
- Interesting visual appeal. Looks are everything and Deimos is a very attractive surface. A special cold curing process allows flowing shapes, with no need for joints. Here is a fine example with a semi-inset washbasin in the Smart Collection.
- Easily repaired. Small scratches or cuts can easily be repaired using the special kit.
- Hygienic and easy to clean. The surface does not require complicated care. Just use a soft cloth and water for daily cleaning. This material is so hygienic, it is even suitable for food contact!